Monday, December 31, 2012

32 Weeks, the last day of 2012, and Braxton Hicks

I cannot believe there are only 8 weeks left till my due date.  54 days to be exact (which is actually a little less than 8 weeks)!!  This year has been super crazy.  I started the year off, a month after a major bone transplant (the navicular bone in my right foot died and had to be replaced with a bone from my hip) on bed rest through April.  I worked hard on my book the first half the year and continued to work on my gluten free diet, dropping my weight from 170 to 126.  As my bone healed (and my body healed internally!), I felt better and better.  I got control of my anxiety allowing me to get good sleep and do things like flying without fear.  I got pregnant, got married, and became a step mother.


Red rectangle is around the dead bone that didn't heal.  It never fused together properly and caused me a lot of pain. I had that contraption in my foot for a good 8 months.....External fixator.  I have lots of gross pictures, but I will not subject you to anything more that this X-ray!

The only negative symptom that I've had fromt this pregnancy is the hip/back pain.  And tomorrow starts January of 2013.  The year my son will be born.

I know it's kinda cliche, but after a rough 2008-2011 - what with everything that happened in 08 and 10 and then all the surgeries in 2011, 2012 is when everything fell into place.  I feel cemented in my life.  I feel like I've made significant progress in obtaining my dreams and putting myself and my family on the right path.  I feel like everything has fallen into place, and now I get to finally sit back and enjoy life.  Even with pregnancy, my foot has felt fine.  I don't have any pain.  I don't limp.  After every one of my surgeries, I've limped and/or favored my foot.  To be able to walk is an amazing feeling and accomplishment.

My family

I don't know what 2013 will hold, but I do know it will be a year of change - as all years usually are.  I'm excited for this change, excited to see how all my hard work and good decisions have panned out.

32 weeks.  2013.  My newest symptom I've been experiencing is the dreaded braxton hicks.  Actually, my doctor thinks I've had them for a while now and am only noticing them now.  I have noticed for a while now that my belly tends to get rock hard after I eat a lot.  I figured that I was just over eating.  Now, I've noticed this hardness even when I haven't eaten a lot.  I notice it a lot when sitting in the car or at home.  It's not painful, no cramping, and only lasts maybe 30 seconds.  I wouldn't even call it annoying.  It is slightly uncomfortable because it feels like your belly is a boulder.

I also have figured out what 'Thaniel's hiccups feel like.  They make me giggle.  Pretty much I just feel this rhythmic tapping feeling.  It can last up to five minutes.  Little jumps in the belly that are equally spaced a part in time.  The first time it happened, I felt it a bunch and couldn't figure out what was going on.  I just couldn't see this baby in me kicking me 20 times a minute.  And then it hit me.  Hiccups.  It happens about once a day now, and is definitely one of the highlights of my day.

And of course, 32 week bump pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment